Exibit A: caked, dried up wood filler -__-
I proceded to hack at the brick-o-solid with a butter knife
I then used the back of a spoon to pulverize the clumps as much as possible...
...until I ended up with a smoothish powder
I added BOILING hot water (2 tablespoons to start with)...
...and mixed, mixed, mixed!
At this point it was better but still not the right consistency. I scraped the corners and the edges and gathered ALL the dry material. Now you see it...
...now you don't ^__^
I added one more TBSP (3 total by now) of boiling water and mixed some more. This is the result:
Perfect consistency wood filler. Just like new!
I hope this is helpful in case this happens to you. Sometimes the solution is easier than you think!